VMware Cloud Community
mwieting
Contributor
Contributor

Vcenter 6.5 Update Manager. The host returns esxupdate error code:99.

I am getting the following message when i try to remediate or stage VMware Updates. 

The host returns esxupdate error code:99. An unhandled exception was encountered. Check the Update Manager log files and esxupdate log files for more details.

Im not sure what log file i need to post... is it "vmware-vum-server-log4cpp.log.1"?

Tags (2)
5 Replies
Lalegre
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hey mwieting,

Log in into the ESXi host where you are facing issues and see the log esxupdate.log located in the next path: /var/log.

Do a new trigger of the Stage so you will get the last output.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Moderator: Thread moved to the Update Manager sub-forum area.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
mwieting
Contributor
Contributor

0 Kudos
Lalegre
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I looked at your logs and it is failing trying to merge into the image profile a Mellanox driver.

Is this driver actually being used by your network cards? You can verify running the comand esxcfg-nics -l and see which driver they have assigned.

Something you can also try is to upgrade or update the ESXi without this driver and then apply is manually but without Update Manager.