VMware Cloud Community
VirtPhysical
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VUM update incompatible - missing VIBs

Im currently running through some ESXi upgrades and I've reached a sticking point where some of the hosts are now saying they are incompatible due to missing VIBs. These VIBs arent required so I've gone through the usual process of removing them followed by a reboot of the host.
Unfortunately, VUM is still listing them as being there which prevents me from completing the upgrade.... If i SSH to the host and list the installed VIBs, it doesnt list them.

Any suggestions? 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
amohammadimir
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

If you have removed them after checking the compliance again it should be in Non-Compliant state. Anyway, If you don't have many hosts update them by offline bundle via the below commands:

At first get the image profile then apply it. For Example: 

esxcli software sources profile list -d /vmfs/volumes/datastore1/update-from-esxi6.7-6.7_update02.zip

esxcli software profile update -d /vmfs/volumes/datastore1/update-from-esxi6.7-6.7_update02.zip -p ESXi-6.7.0-20190402001-standard -f

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped.
0 Kudos
wesley_yalipu
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We had the same kind of issue when upgrading from 5.5 to 6.5.
Here's the line we used to automatically identify old blocking VIBs and then remove them :

# Powershell
$esxcli = Get-esxcli -v2 your_esxiname
$esxcli.software.vib.list.Invoke() | Where-Object { $_.ID -match ".*\.500\..*" }
etc...

Most importantly, you must perform a reboot after all the removals and before proceeding to an upgrade process.
Hope it helps.

0 Kudos