mrchiu
Contributor
Contributor

VUM Install failed

I have installed vSphere 4 vCenter but failed to install update manager .

The error described "Error 25113: Setup Failed to generate JRE SSL Key"

How can i fix this problem ?

0 Kudos
30 Replies
dbutch1976
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Stopping the VMware update manager service worked for me also, thanks for the tip.

0 Kudos
nathanb79
Contributor
Contributor

Stopping the service at that point allowed the installation to continue for me also.

0 Kudos
itdoug
Contributor
Contributor

Stopping services fixed it for me too. Funny. I have 2 vCenters and one had no issue and the other did.

0 Kudos
JeffDe
Contributor
Contributor

This question is definitely answered.  I had the identical error and stopping the vmware update manager service as described resolved the issue. I'm not sure how to bring this to Vmware's attention...nothing came up when I searched for the error in the vmware knowledgebase.  Thank goodness for Google. 

0 Kudos
Stefano67
Contributor
Contributor

Same problem and this solution worked for me too. 🙂

0 Kudos
Zsol-T
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, it works... KUDOS!

0 Kudos
AWo
Immortal
Immortal

Yep, great answer. That trick did it for me, as well, whil eupgrading from vCenter 4.1 U1 -> U2.

Thanks.

AWo

vExpert 2009/10/11 [:o]===[o:] [: ]o=o[ :] = Save forests! rent firewood! =
0 Kudos
Manofmilk
Contributor
Contributor

Thought I'd dive in here and help the Google rankings.

Exactly the same issue - after upgrading vCenter 4.1 to U2 and attempted upgrade of the update manger resulted in "Error 25113: Setup Failed to generate JRE SSL Key".

Stopping the update manger services at the point where the installer asks about SQL credentials allowed this to complete without issue.

0 Kudos
patrickkaegi
Contributor
Contributor

works! thx a lot!

0 Kudos
JimKnopf99
Commander
Commander

Same issue while upgrading from 5 to 5 u1.

Work for me as well.

Frank

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
dotDig
Contributor
Contributor

I found that I needed to be a little more extreme and terminate every process on my machine that was using Java. After doing that, the installer ran just fine.

0 Kudos