VMware Cloud Community
Dell_Technologi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

VCSA 6.7 U3c upgrade u3f VUM tab is gone!

Hi all,

I logged took a VM snapshot of my VCSA 6.7 U3c, logged in to my VCSA Appliance console using https://vctr67rs.xxxx.com:5480, took an NFS backup, staged and installed the last of 3 updates available, since in the screen it says they are cumulative and you can install the latest.

Well, the upgrade completed successfully and vCenter rebooted, the build was updated to 16243230, but the Update tab on the ESXi servers are gone.

I clicked on Menu > Shortcuts and I don't see the VMware Update Manager icon there anymore, how is that possible?

Any of you run into this issue?

Thanks

Mark

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Dell_Technologi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

yes, I tried that, restarting vCenter, restarting only the update manager service on the appliance.

I opened a ticket to VMware last Wednesday, got a tech 1h ago, the issue are the certificates, he recreated the certificates, restarted all the services and VUM came back up.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Just to rule this out. Did you already delete the browser cache after the update?

André

0 Kudos
Dell_Technologi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

yes, I tried that, restarting vCenter, restarting only the update manager service on the appliance.

I opened a ticket to VMware last Wednesday, got a tech 1h ago, the issue are the certificates, he recreated the certificates, restarted all the services and VUM came back up.

0 Kudos