VMware Cloud Community
b2TUMAzDq
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Uploading offline patches fails with "Cannot upload file, because it is an invalid package."

After ruling out corrupt ZIP files, i'm unsure why I can't upload newer versions of the Cisco UCS drivers:

enic-2.1.2.62-esx55-2340678.zip

fnic_driver_1.6.0.12_esx55-2101964.zip

They are downloaded from vmware.com officaly also. I have previous version of these drivers already in the patch list. Is that the issue?

Running newest of everything (patched to max). vCenter 5.5 U2 with latest ESXi hosts and update manager.

Any advice?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MattiasN81
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

extract the bundle and import the zip file enic-2.1.2.62-esx55-offline_bundle-2340678.zip to VUM Smiley Happy

same for the fnic package

VMware Certified Professional 6 - DCV VMware VTSP Software Defined Storage Dell Blade Server Solutions - EMEA Certified Dell PowerEdge Server Solutions - EMEA Certfied Dell Certified Storage Deployment Professional Dell EMC Proven Professional If you found my answers useful please consider marking them as Helpful or Correct

View solution in original post

2 Replies
MattiasN81
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

extract the bundle and import the zip file enic-2.1.2.62-esx55-offline_bundle-2340678.zip to VUM Smiley Happy

same for the fnic package

VMware Certified Professional 6 - DCV VMware VTSP Software Defined Storage Dell Blade Server Solutions - EMEA Certified Dell PowerEdge Server Solutions - EMEA Certfied Dell Certified Storage Deployment Professional Dell EMC Proven Professional If you found my answers useful please consider marking them as Helpful or Correct
b2TUMAzDq
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thats an embarrassing fix.. Thanks!

0 Kudos