VMware Cloud Community
atakacs
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Update repository empty

Am I the only one seeing this ?

https://hostupdate.vmware.com/software/VUM/PRODUCTION/main/vmw-depot-index.xml
<vmwdpm:vendorList xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.vmware.com/depotmanagement ../../depot-index-xml.xsd">
<vendor>
<name>vmware, inc.</name>
<code>vmw</code>
<indexfile>vmw-esx-index.xml</indexfile>
<relativePath>esx/vmw</relativePath>
<content>
<name>VMware ESX</name>
<type>http://www.vmware.com/depotmanagement/esx</type>
</content>
</vendor>
</vmwdpm:vendorList>

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atakacs
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks

Turned out to be an issue with our connectivity provider (which impacted bot the servers and my workstation, thus my erroneous diagnostic). False alarm…🙄

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

@atakacs 

Moderator: Moved to Update Manager Discussions

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
atakacs
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks

Maybe you should also notify whoever is in charge @ VMware ops - I don't think this is normal...

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

@atakacs 

VMTN is a user/community forum, not a channel for me or anyone else to report issues to Pat Gelsinger.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
0 Kudos
atakacs
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

My bad - I thought this was a somehow Vmware managed…

Obviously (?) did not expect escalation to top management - I don't think the CEO is in any way interested in outages in the update repositories. There might be someone in-between, though.

Support is not available over WE... so I guess we will have to wait a few hours until someone actually realise there is something broken. After all this is only a 60bn company, not a global player.

0 Kudos
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

There are v mware employees that are here, but if there is anything critical that needs fixing its best to open a ticket if you have support

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

@atakacs 

The vast majority of employees who contribute to VMTN do so voluntarily in their own time, VMTN is not a formal support mechanism. Support contracts which include weekends are available.

0 Kudos
atakacs
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Understood.

Let's start with the basics - is anyone else affected ? As far as I an tell the XML list of updates is… empty, which breaks the update mechanism (was working earlier today).

0 Kudos
atakacs
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks

Turned out to be an issue with our connectivity provider (which impacted bot the servers and my workstation, thus my erroneous diagnostic). False alarm…🙄

0 Kudos