VMware Cloud Community
Guv
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Update Manager plugin on V4.0 - unable to connect to remote server

We are using virtual centre 4.0.0, 385281.  We have update manager installed.  Its on the same server as virtual centre, and its dbase on the same remote sql server as virtual centre dbase.  On my VI client, when I try to download the plugin for update mgr, i get the error message unable to connect to remote server.   When i try to download from a VI client on the virtual server itself, i get the same error message.   All the services are up.

Other plugins like vmware converter which are installed on the VC server download fine from my vi client on my machine.

Is there anyway I can troubleshoot this issue with the update mgr and find the cause, and get it to download.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
AbhijitJosh
Contributor
Contributor

This can happen if your machine is not able to talk to your remote machine where update manager is installed.

1. check the update manager service.

2. try to telnet to the update manager over port 9087(as per update http://www.vmware.com/files/pdf/techpaper/vsp_4_vum_cmdline_install.pdf).

3. Disable all internet proxies(Here just give a try.)

4. Install the vpshere client on the same vCenter server and try to download the plugin.

0 Kudos
Guv
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

my virtual centre and update manager are on the same machine, so there is no remote machine to check on.  Thats the issue.

0 Kudos