VMware Cloud Community
KellyOlivier
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Update Manager doesn't update

This problem has been plaguing me in multiple environments and its really starting to tick me off. I had vcenter 2.5 u3 running and when I remediate hosts even though there are newer patches in the baselines it doesn't install anything. The scans show to be fine and normal. After reinstalling everything including reimporting patches and also reinitializing databases I still have the same problem. So i figure its time to go through the hell of getting a newer version added to our basesline. I finally get it approved. I upgrade to 2.5 u5 and I still have this problem!!! I have a case in with vmware but its hard to get them our logs because of where I work. I have looked through them and see no errors or anything. I have seen a couple other boards where people could not get past 143128 build either. Anybody have anything to try? I have reinstalled everything and reimported...not sure what else there is to try. Anybody please help?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Myersc
Contributor
Contributor

Trying to pinpoint your problem first......

Is the problem the repository not being updated or something else.......Tail the /var/log/vmware/esxupdate.log file on an ESX Host. Then from VCenter kick of a scan of that host and let us know if there are any errors shown in the esxupdate.log.

0 Kudos