VMware Cloud Community
jof
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Update Manager Plug-in error

Hi,

Seeing the following error enabling update manager:

"There was an error connecting to the VMware vSphere Update Manager - [ip address]. integrity.fault.NoVcConnection.summary"

I can't seem to find any reference to this particular error, I have checked the vci-integrity.xml file to make sure all settings are correct and i have reinstalled Update Manager but still get the same error. Service account is also correct, anyone seen this before?

Thanks.

8 Replies
jof
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Update on this. The problem occurs if i change the default location for the patch repository, as soon as i change the loaction back to the default the error no longer appears. Not definite as to why this is the case yet.

0 Kudos
raog
Expert
Expert

Which version is this?

Regards

Girish

To Virtualization and beyond! PS::If you felt the answer as helpful, please mark it as helpful/answered so that it helps other users as well! Blog:: www.virtualtipsntricks.com
0 Kudos
jof
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Update Manager version 5.5 on Server 2012. If the i change the default path to another location on the System drive the issue does not happen it only happens when the repository is moved to another drive. Have been checking permisssions on the drive but all seems OK.

0 Kudos
raog
Expert
Expert

I dont see this problem on my 5.5U1 on Server 2012..can you try with the update 1 build?

Regards

Girish

To Virtualization and beyond! PS::If you felt the answer as helpful, please mark it as helpful/answered so that it helps other users as well! Blog:: www.virtualtipsntricks.com
0 Kudos
pratjain
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Is the service for Update Manager started or that is also failing to start. Can you check the vmware-vum-server.log file, located at C:\ProgramData\VMware\VMware Update Manager\Logs

Also let me know is the DB remote or on same machine and what version of Database is this.

Regards, PJ If you find this or any other answer useful please mark the answer as correct or helpful.
0 Kudos
Corpus_no
Contributor
Contributor

Did you ever find a solution to this?

Experiencing the same thing on 5.5u1

--

Corp

0 Kudos
dhanarajramesh

may be VUM is not able to authenticate your vcenter and DB due wrong username and password.check your DB authentication by ODBC setup and go to \Program Files (x86)\VMware\Infrastructure\Update Manager\  double click  VMwareUpdateManagerUtility.exe and login with correct vcenter admin user and re-authenticate with correct DB user

koekestad
Contributor
Contributor

I got the same issue. I install the update manager on the same box where vsphere resides, connected to an SQL 2012 db, it all works fine. When it's updating or after updating It disables itself and won't enable again. I got the message :" integrity.fault.novcconecction.summary " Reinstalling the update manager works until updates come in to play.

I checked name resolution  --> Works Fine

ODBC                               --> Works Fine

Only thing is maybe there is something wrong with the certificate .... I don't know.

Anyone has a solution to this ?

0 Kudos