VMware Cloud Community
MrBigFeathas
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Update Manager 5.1 U1b scan for host upgrades fails at 10%, scans for patches works fine along with patch remediation, please help

Hi,

I'm not sure what's going on. I have a vCenter server that is also acting as the update manager server. My vCenter server/Update Manager server are running 5.1 U1b. I am trying to upgrade some of my ESXi 4.0 U1 hosts to 5.1 U1 with an upgrade baseline. I have the image uploaded and the baseline attached to the correct hosts. When I try to scan the host for upgrades it fails at 10% with the error "There are errors during the scan operation. Check the log files for details.". If I scan for patches and extensions it completes fine. I have the network settings for the Update Manager set to use the IP rather than the hostname already as per this article: VMware KB: ESX/ESXi hosts fail to scan in vCenter Update Manager 4.1.x and 5.x

I'm kind of at a loss and was going to call VMWare but figured I'd check here first. I have actually never tried upgrading the ESXi version through update manager before. The few I upgraded previously I just put the disc in the server to go from 4.0 to 5.1. Most of the servers are remote so I would like to get Update Manager working.

I have attached the portion of the Update Manager log from the time I started trying to scan until the end of the log.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
0 Replies