VMware Cloud Community
kwilliamson
Contributor
Contributor

Update Manager 5.1 SSL Certs problem

I have my virtcenter 5.1 SSLs replaced and they appear to work well, but I am having issue replacing SSL certs for Update Manager.  I have stopped the Update Manager service, replaced the rui.crt,rui.key,rui.pfx files into the C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\Infrastructure\Update Manager\SSL folder. and ran the UpdateManagerUtility without issues, then start the Update Manager service again, it still only sees a brand new self-signed cert from vmware from update manager.  The virtcenter ssl cert and inventory certs are ok.

I have tried these steps http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=2037581&sl...

Is there something else am I missing here?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
memaad
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi

Is it CA signed  or Microsoft CA signed ?  What do you mean by you still see brand new self signed certificate ?

Regards

Mohammed

Mohammed | Mark it as helpful or correct if my suggestion is useful.
0 Kudos
kwilliamson
Contributor
Contributor

I used a Microsoft CA signed cert like I did for the rest of virtcenter components.  I saw a new cert that was issued by VMware(the day I change cert procedure) not my Microsoft CA server.

0 Kudos
memaad
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi,

From my knowledge , VMware does not provide seperate certificate,  default certificate get  generated while installation of software compoenet. Can you give some details, where do you see new certificate for Update Manager.

Regards

Mohammed

0 Kudos
kwilliamson
Contributor
Contributor

I see the new certficate was generated when I go into Update Manager to upload a patch/plugin or when I look at the cert when I pull up https://myvirtcenter:9087/

0 Kudos
memaad
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi,

Is there any possibility of sharing the screen shot when you see new certificate.

Regards

Mohammed

0 Kudos
kwilliamson
Contributor
Contributor

Sure, I'm attaching the file..  I originally installed this virtcenter and all in November.   The timestamps you see are when the last time I tried doing an update on the certs.

0 Kudos