VMware Cloud Community
kernelphr34k
Contributor
Contributor

Uninstall/Remove update manager guest agent

I do not see in the docs about uninstalling the guest agent that was deployed to all my machines. How does one uninstall this without doing it manually?

Would have been nice to see a warning from vmware before it deployed this buggy agent to all my machines.

And wtf did vmware do to the communities section? They made it MORE difficult to browse and locate the forum you need. wtf vmware.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
2 Replies
petkom
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi kernelphr34k, I beleive that the guest agent is part from VMware tools and installed/uninstalled with these.

I do absolutely agree with you that VUM forum is hard to find between all other products.

I've bookmarked it in order to not serching it for centuries Smiley Happy

http://communities.vmware.com/community/vmtn/mgmt/vum

0 Kudos
kernelphr34k
Contributor
Contributor

Howdy petkom,

The vmware guest agent was installed long after vmware-tools was installed. But you're saying I might be able to uninstall thru vmware-tools? I just can't reboot my machines whenever due to a production enviroment.

I rememeber creating a baseline in update manager for windows hosts, then vCenter started to push out the guest agent on all my windows hosts. I did not realize at the time that it would push out a guest agent, but as I started to audit my machines I noticed this vmware guest agent. Now I want it removed!

I may just write a script to remorlty remove the agent from all my machines.. Ugh.. what a PITA!

Thanks!

0 Kudos