VMware Cloud Community
jketron
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Unable to Remediate using a Shared Reposity

I have a internal web server hosting the exported files from UMDS, inside VCenter Update Manager I have selected "Shared Reposity" and I validated the URL (Valid), I then press dowbload in which it appreas to download the patches from my Shared Repository, when I Scan for Updates Update Manager recognizes the new patches in my Dynamic Baseline for my 4.0 servers (13 New patches).

The problem occurs now when I ask to Remediate the servers and it fails with a Unknown Error, I look in the Event and Task view to see that it is calling for the patches from c:\documents and settting\all users.windows\aplication data\vmware\vmware update manager\data\hostupdate\vmw\vibs and this directory is empty

Does the vCenter Update Manager pull a copy of the patches from my Shared Repository? if so the vibs directory is empty but the vibs directory on the Shared Repository is not.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Mero1982
Contributor
Contributor

Well i had a similar issue copied the files download by VUM in my primary site to the Vcenter server in DR i tried to copy the folder name and paste it in the shared repository filed in the VUM settings after it finally detected the folder it is only updating hosts (13 patch) but not the VMs

0 Kudos
jkman340
Contributor
Contributor

Are you using IIS for your shared repository?

I had the same

problem you described. I was using IIS for the repository and IIS

automatically blocks all unknown file extensions from being

downloaded. You need to add ".vib" and .sig to the allowed MIME

types in the IIS config. Restart your IIS server and then re-download

from vCenter. Note: At this point the vib files will still not be

populated. However, once you do a remediate that requires the files,

they will show up.

0 Kudos