VMware Cloud Community
Krede
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Trying to upload ESX4 iso - Failed to login

Im trying to upload "esx-DVD-4.0.0-164009.iso" on the "new baseline wizard" but i throws me an error:

Failed to login

error was: A web exception has occured during file upload

What can be wrong? I tried both from my client (PC) and vCenter server (where VUM is also located)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pricemc1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I found this problem to be caused by McAfee VirusScan antivirus on-access protection rules installed on the vCenter server. If you have McAfee software installed on your vCenter server check the On-Access Protection Log for items that may be getting blocked by McAfee. Once I updated the offending McAfee rules and restarted the "VMware Update Manager" and the "VMware VirtualCenter Management Webservices" services I no longer had the issue.

Mike

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
petkom
Community Manager
Community Manager
Jump to solution

What is your VC/VUM configuration? Copy the file locally where the VUM repository, browse it from there and try again.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You can get an error also when the iso is already used somewhere else. For example if it is mounted on a DRAC or iLO of an ESX host.

0 Kudos
Krede
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I did an update with the "Host update" utility on my ESX 3.5 hosts - so I didn't really look much into the "upload" issue.

0 Kudos
sdog
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Were you ever able to resolve this problem? I am experiencing the same issue.

Regards,

SD

0 Kudos
Krede
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

No Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Have you tried this?

- Stop Update Manager Service

- Go to windows task manager, make sure no java processes are running. If they are, kill

- Start update manager

0 Kudos
Krede
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Ill try that next time I run in to this issue

0 Kudos
sdog
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I ended up uninstalling Update Manager and then reinstalling it. Everything works now, as expected - thanks

0 Kudos
pricemc1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I found this problem to be caused by McAfee VirusScan antivirus on-access protection rules installed on the vCenter server. If you have McAfee software installed on your vCenter server check the On-Access Protection Log for items that may be getting blocked by McAfee. Once I updated the offending McAfee rules and restarted the "VMware Update Manager" and the "VMware VirtualCenter Management Webservices" services I no longer had the issue.

Mike

0 Kudos
Krede
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I actually have McAfee on the vCenter / Update server – so that is probably the problem!

0 Kudos