VMware Cloud Community
IGT-WadeLich
Contributor
Contributor

Some ESXi 4 hosts update and others don't

This is a weird one. Half of my ESXi hosts scan and remediate just fine. The other half just timeout. I have tried to finad any errors that would point me in a direction of resolution, but without much luck. I've just switched to ESXi from ESX and am not quite sure where to find things. Can anyone point me in a direction to troubleshoot this issue?

Regards

Wade

0 Kudos
4 Replies
petkom
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Wade,

Are there any messages in Tasks & Events section for the failed hosts except these timeouts? And are all hosts in the same LAN? And what are VUM/VC/ESXi versions?

regards,

Petko

0 Kudos
IGT-WadeLich
Contributor
Contributor

VUM 4.0.0.319

VC 4.0.0

ESXi 4.

As far as entries under tasks and events, all it says is "Failed to scan esxi05.ngf.labs for patches."

Regards

Wade

0 Kudos
dtracey
Expert
Expert

Hi Wade,

Have you had a look at the usual suspects? Name resolution and IP connectivity? Are these hosts in the same VLAN? Is there any firewalling in place?

Dan

0 Kudos
IGT-WadeLich
Contributor
Contributor

yup, all the usuals have been checked. Only one vlan, no firewalls, all plugged into same switch, name resolution is fine ( all hosts were added by name to the VC). I think I might re-install one or two of the failing hosts and see if it was maybe something I did wrong during installation. I doubt it, but you never know.

Wade

0 Kudos