VMware Cloud Community
AWo
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Short & simple question - Automatic Update for Essentials

Hello,

I just inherited three Essentials installations. Is there anyway to get the ESXi hosts updated automatically like it is possible with the Update Manager and the other vSphere versions?

Cheers

AWo

vExpert 2009/10/11 [:o]===[o:] [: ]o=o[ :] = Save forests! rent firewood! =
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Due to the limited features of the Essentials Edition, I'm afraid that you will have to update/patch the hosts interactively. Even Update Manager might not be very helpful, because Essentials doesn't support DRS/vMotion, and there must not be any powered on VMs on the host to remediate. You will also need to find a workaround for the ESXi host on which vCenter Server is running, except the vCenter Server instances for each Kit are running on another Kit's hosts.

André

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

Due to the limited features of the Essentials Edition, I'm afraid that you will have to update/patch the hosts interactively. Even Update Manager might not be very helpful, because Essentials doesn't support DRS/vMotion, and there must not be any powered on VMs on the host to remediate. You will also need to find a workaround for the ESXi host on which vCenter Server is running, except the vCenter Server instances for each Kit are running on another Kit's hosts.

André

0 Kudos
AWo
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Thanks.

Cheers

AWo

vExpert 2009/10/11 [:o]===[o:] [: ]o=o[ :] = Save forests! rent firewood! =
0 Kudos