VMware Cloud Community
Bryon1
Contributor
Contributor

Remove Conflicting update from Update Manger...

We do not have a "Cisco Nexus 1000V Virtual Ethernet Module" that is updated with update VEM400-200906002-BG however the update has downloaded to our update repository. Now all the VMKernel updates list as "Conflicting" and I can not install them. I have tried to remove the update from the baselines but that does not matter. It seems just having the update in the Depot will prevent the kernel update "conflicts" from installing. We have never installed this update and just need to remove it from the Depot. So my question how?

Now I am no expert and may be completly off base here, if so please let me know. I simply need to remove (or depreciate?) this update to allow the other updates to go through. I think....

Any suggestions welcome.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
petkom
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi,

there is no need to remove them from VUM repository. Go ahead and apply N1K module and there should be no any problems at all. This conflict messages only indicate that you have some depot conflicts - depreciate them.

hph,

Petko

0 Kudos
Bryon1
Contributor
Contributor

We do not need the N1K update. When I try to apply the other VMKernel patches they do not show up as avaialble because of the Depot Conflict (I believe).

I have removed the N1K update from the baseline and that has no effect I am still unable to apply the other updates. I can find no way to remove or depreciate the N1K update.

0 Kudos
vertices
Contributor
Contributor

Ever find an answer? Having the exact same problem. Need to remove that Nexus switch update somehow.

0 Kudos
Bryon1
Contributor
Contributor

No.

However for whatever reason today I am allowed to apply the conflicting updates when remediating. Not a looking a gift hourse in the mouth and I am applying them now. No ill effects so far.

Very Odd.

Bryon

0 Kudos
vertices
Contributor
Contributor

Hmm, mine still show conflicts. Those are not showing as something to install when remediating. I may try anyways to install this other tools patch, then see what happens. Weird.

0 Kudos