VMware Cloud Community
tupelo_operatio
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Regarding downloading only ESX updates...possible to only download 3.5 updates?

I think the subject pretty much puts forth my question...I unchecked the boxes for Windows and Linux updates but is it possible to only download 3.5 updates? It tries to download 3.0.x updates and I have no use for those.

Grant

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You can create a static baseline and pick which updates you want to download.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

You can create a static baseline and pick which updates you want to download.

0 Kudos
vcpguy
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Yes, you can do that. For EX - you have ESX 3.5 U2 and you want to update your server to ESX 3.5 U4, you will have to....

1) create a fix baseline

2) during the filter option, please type update 4

3) This will show you 147 patches ( criticical and non-critical)

4) you can attach this baseline to your esx server and u are good to go.

Thanks

----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please don't forget to reward Points for helpful hints; answers; suggestions. My blog: http://vmwaredevotee.com
tupelo_operatio
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I created a fixed baseline that scans for only 3.5 updates...how is this used in only downloading updates for 3.5? I may have misinterpreted Troy's reply. Also...is it ok to delete the 3.0.x updates it downloaded from the server?

0 Kudos
Troy_Clavell
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

my apologies.... I worded it in correctly. The static baseline will allow you to pick which updates you want to be applied.

0 Kudos
tupelo_operatio
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

No worries Troy...I thought that is what you meant but I just wanted to be sure.

What about deleting the downloaded updates for 3.0.x and ESXi that I do not need?

0 Kudos
vcpguy
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

I suggest, please dont delete any files. They really are not that, big.

Thanks

----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please don't forget to reward Points for helpful hints; answers; suggestions. My blog: http://vmwaredevotee.com
0 Kudos