VMware Cloud Community
SunilSaini
Contributor
Contributor

Patches ESXi 5.0

Hi All

I installed Update manager. I wan to customize the downloading patches. Because we are using the esxi 5.0 and my update manger is downloding the patches for esx 3.0 4.0 also. I just want to download esxi 5.0 patces. how can we add the url for downloading the patches for esxi 5.0 ? how can we prevent the patched fo old version of esx or esxi not to download ?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
12 Replies
SunilSaini
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

0 Kudos
SunilSaini
Contributor
Contributor

Hi All

any infromation !

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

Because we are using the esxi 5.0 and my update manger is downloding the  patches for esx 3.0 4.0 also.

Did you uncheck (disable) checking for these updates in the Update Manager's configuration?

I just want to download esxi 5.0 patces.  how can we add the url for downloading the patches for esxi 5.0 ?

This URL should already be present when you install Update Manager 5.

You will find the Update Manager documentation which describes how to do this at http://pubs.vmware.com/vsphere-50/topic/com.vmware.ICbase/PDF/vsphere-update-manager-50-install-admi...

André

0 Kudos
SunilSaini
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks a lot

Configure UMDS to download data from the new URL address.
n To add a new URL address for downloading patches and notifications for ESX/ESXi 4.x or ESXi 5.0
hosts, run the following command:

vmware-umds -S --add-url https://host_URL/index.xml --url-type HOST

Please explain the above URL. does it download from the local host ?

can we add the URL gui update manager ?

Please share the url if any.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

The mentioned command can be used to add additional download sites. This might be e.g. OEM drivers from your hardware vendor.

from the documentation:

You can configure UMDS to connect to the Web sites of third-party vendors to download ESX/ESXi 4.x and ESXi 5.0 host patches and notifications

André

0 Kudos
AWo
Immortal
Immortal

Here is where you can exclude ESX 3.x patches:

VUM.jpg

AWo

vExpert 2009/10/11 [:o]===[o:] [: ]o=o[ :] = Save forests! rent firewood! =
0 Kudos
SunilSaini
Contributor
Contributor

thanks to all of you

My concern is that which one is the site where we can download the patch for esxi.

Please provide me the URL. Dont need the way how to add the url for downloading patches.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
SunilSaini
Contributor
Contributor

Hi

Dear friends any informatiom !

0 Kudos
AWo
Immortal
Immortal

These URL's are entered by default and can't be changed, so why do you need them?

However, look at the screenshot, you see the URLs there:

VUM2.jpg

AWo

vExpert 2009/10/11 [:o]===[o:] [: ]o=o[ :] = Save forests! rent firewood! =
0 Kudos
SunilSaini
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks to All

WE have added the same URL. But I am ot able to see the patches for ESXi 5.0 in reposetry.

url.jpg

update.jpg

Here is only update for ESXi 5.0 for embeded version.

0 Kudos
SunilSaini
Contributor
Contributor

Still looking for solution.

0 Kudos
4nd7
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi,

The patches for ESXi 5 are the same for installable and embedded version, so you can create a baseline and apply them to your hosts. I've just tested it.

0 Kudos