VMware Cloud Community
SCC
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Missing predefined VUM baseline

I did not see a specific forum for VUM so I landed here. Let me know if this post would be better elsewhere.

We have a 4 host vCenter 6.5 cluster that I inherited a bit back. I felt my first task was to  bring all the hosts and VMs up to the current software baselines and am ready to move to VMware Tools.

In VUM the VMware Tools Upgrade Predefined Baseline is gone, I assume at some point it was deleted. After a lot of googling and some searching here, I cannot find how to recreate a predefined baseline.

Could anyone point me in the right direction? Blog, KB article, etc etc.

Thanks

Don

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NicolasAlauzet
Jump to solution

Hi there,

Go to Cluster, Updates, VMware Tools (Enable if its disabled) then you can select from there and do the update.

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

This post also can help:

https://masteringvmware.com/how-to-upgrade-vmware-tools-using-vmware-update-manager/

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Triple VCIX (CMA-NV-DCV) | vExpert | MCSE | CCNA

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Moderator: Thread moved to the Update Manager area.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
NicolasAlauzet
Jump to solution

Hi there,

Go to Cluster, Updates, VMware Tools (Enable if its disabled) then you can select from there and do the update.

pastedImage_0.png

pastedImage_1.png

This post also can help:

https://masteringvmware.com/how-to-upgrade-vmware-tools-using-vmware-update-manager/

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Triple VCIX (CMA-NV-DCV) | vExpert | MCSE | CCNA
0 Kudos
SCC
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

So simple that I didn't even see it!

Thanks

Don