VMware Cloud Community
stupots
Contributor
Contributor

ILO Amplifier 2.0 - cannot add vCenter

Hi, I've rebuild our 1.95 ILO Amplifier Pack appliance because of the serious vulnerability in it and most previous versions as stated here:
https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docLocale=en_US&docId=emr_na-hpesbgn04189en_us

I've tried both a clean build with config and clean build with a restore from a 1.95 backup (In-place upgrade from 1.95 to 2.0 is not supported) but cannot add our vCenter. Every time I try I just get a non-helpful "Some error occured while connecting to vCenter"

I'm just wondering, 1) has anyone else seen this or is using version 2.0 with success and 2) like me were you completely unaware about version 2.0 because the way you check for upgrades is from within the ILO amplifier GUI?

Thanks

Stu

0 Kudos
3 Replies
F_Jonasson
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Did you solve this? I'm having the same issue.
Going from 1.95 to 2.12

0 Kudos
stupots
Contributor
Contributor

I think it was the fact that HPE released the update in a hurry and it wasn't yet supported by vSphere. I think an upgrade to 7.0.3d resolved things (as in; allowed me to add vCenter in Amplifier) but I'm currently running 7.0.3h and the iLO Amplifier 2.16 without issue.

Good luck

F_Jonasson
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thought I should follow up if someone else sees this in the future.

For us the problem was that newer version of iLO Amp handles .local DNS-addresses with mDNS and therefore didn't resolve the actual address of vCenter. Error did not indicate this but I realized when going thru the logs.

0 Kudos