Contributor
Contributor

Host certificate chain is not complete.

Recently we started our migration from ESX 3.5 to vSphere. We created a new vCenter Server from scratch and then moved over our 3.5 hosts. I just created a new vSphere 4 host and added it to our vCenter server. Everything seems to be in order with the exception that when I attempt to patch the server using the Update Manager, I get the following error in the tasks when I perform a scan:

Host cannot download files from VMWare vCenter Update Manager patch store. Check the network connectivity and firewall setup, and check esxupdate logs for details.

If I check the vCenter server log, I find the following as the reason (I'm supposing):

2009-09-30 13:46:07.528 02744 warning 'Libs' SSLVerifyCertAgainstSystemStore: The remote host certificate has these problems:

• The host certificate chain is not complete.

I cannot seem to find anything useful regarding this error or how to alleviate it. Can anyone shed some light on how to get this working so I can update my host?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Contributor
Contributor

Turns out that my problem was DNS. In Update manager under the configuration tab, under Network connectivity and IP address of host name for the patch server, I had the vCenter server entered by name, it wasn't resolving this properly. I selected the IP address of the list and it downloaded correctly. We'll have to correct our DNS server.

0 Kudos