VMware Cloud Community
wpatton
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

ESX 3.5 - Update05A Bundle - Removed all 2010 patch bundles from contents.xml

Anyone else seen this behavior? We received the new ESX 3.5.0 Update05A bundle, but now all the 2010 bundles have been eliminated from contents.xml and all our baselines with them now show no Applicable patches except Update05A.

This is particularly concerning based on the fact that some of the bundles in U5A are older than the previously released patches. For example, ESX350-201003402-BG is python-2.2.3-6.11.i386.rpm, and U5A contains python-2.2.3-6.8.i386.rpm.

Patches Removed from VUM contents.xml by Update05A:

If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".

*Disclaimer: VMware Employee* If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
virtualizeme215
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

WPatton,

I ran into the same issue earlier today. I resolved it by downloading the contents.zip file from the patch download site and replacing the files in my patch depot on the UM server with the files from the contents.zip file downloaded.

Once I replaced the files and scanned a host the missing patches appeared.

Ive attached the zip file to my post.

Hope this helps,

VM215

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DAbowitt
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I had same issue - now only showing the 5a upgrade on each ESX 3.5 server I scan.

virtualizeme215
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

WPatton,

I ran into the same issue earlier today. I resolved it by downloading the contents.zip file from the patch download site and replacing the files in my patch depot on the UM server with the files from the contents.zip file downloaded.

Once I replaced the files and scanned a host the missing patches appeared.

Ive attached the zip file to my post.

Hope this helps,

VM215

0 Kudos
wpatton
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Virtualizeme215,

Ended up doing the same thing today. Did talk to VMware support and they acknowledged the problem and stated they would be fixing the contents.zip that VUM downloads very soon.

Thank you for including the file and confirming the issue on your end as well.

If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".

*Disclaimer: VMware Employee* If you found this or other information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".
0 Kudos