VMware Cloud Community
JasonWeischedel
Contributor
Contributor

Confirm Importing Offline Patches Fails

I am having an issue with manually importing patches to our Update Manager server.  We are using the Air-Gap model as our servers do not have access to the internet.  We have followed the instructions in the Installing and Administering VMware vSphere Update Manager 5.5 guide for creating the Oracle 11g database and installing VUM.  When I follow the procedures to manually import a .zip file to the repository, in this case ESXi550-201502001.zip, everything goes smooth until I click finish.  I get a notification in the Recent Tasks area of vSphere Client that Confirm Importing Offline Patches is in Progress and it stays that way indefinitely.  When I check Tasks & Events for the Datacenter I see an error for Host patch offline bundle upload did not succeed about 8 seconds after the task started.

As I follow this process with the VMware-vum-server-log4cpp.log on the VUM server I see the following errors in the screenshot.  I have downloaded the patch several times and tried repeatedly, all with the same results.  We even deleted the Database schema and did a clean install of VUM.  VMware's documentation for this error is very vague and I have not been able to find any article referencing a similar issue.  If anyone has any suggestions of where to look for the problem, or hopefully a solution, I would be greatly appreciative of any help.

Thanks,

Jason

0 Kudos
0 Replies