VMware Cloud Community
Gr33nEye
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Cleaning Patch Repository

Hi

My apologies if I’m in the wrong section but I have a small issue/question in regards to VUM4 that I’m hoping someone would be able to answer.

The issue is that VUM began to downloaded patches before it was properly configured and as a result it downloaded a bunch on Linux+ windows patches that are not needed/ wanted in the repository.

Just wondering if there is an easy way of deleting the unwanted patches from the server. I know there is a uninstall, delete, re-install, re-initialize VUM DB way but I’m hoping for something simpler and quicker.

Anny help or advice on this issue would be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Gr33nEye
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Sorry to bump, but anyone?

0 Kudos
Latta2880
Contributor
Contributor

I'm bumping this topic also as the same thing happened to me. Went to vSphere and started downloading everything even though I had it all uncheck in the previous version.

0 Kudos
danm66
Expert
Expert

Are you sure that it actually downloaded windows/linux patches??? VUM will not patch linux systems (only scan them), so it should never download patches for it. With windows, it only downloads patches when you initiate a remediation and only the patches you've selected.

Gr33nEye
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Possibly, I never checked the size of the update directory before it ran. It may just be showing all avaliable Red Hat patches.

0 Kudos
harkamal
Expert
Expert

no way out...you have to scratch database

Gr33nEye
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

from scratch

0 Kudos