VMware Cloud Community
rseekell
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Cannot download broadcom patches

I have several ESXi clusters.  One cluster in particular won't let me stage updates.  It's 7.0.  The error is not very specific. "Staging did not succeed for my.host"

On a whim, I decided to create a baseline for each patch provider - vmware, Marvell, and Broadcom.  The first two will stage, but the Broadcom baseline gets the same error. 

Other hosts in my environment can install all patches.  Why do you think there's a problem with this company, and what can I do to try to fix it?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rseekell
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Strangely, I tried again a few hours later, and it worked!  Not sure what happened. I didn't get to the esxupdate.log to see what it said at that time.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Moderator: Thread moved to the Update Manager area.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Although I am a VMware employee I contribute to VMware Communities voluntarily (ie. not in any official capacity)
VMware Training & Certification blog
0 Kudos
Lalegre
Virtuoso
Virtuoso
Jump to solution

Hey,

Regarding this issue, what does the /var/log/esxupdate.log shows you when trying to stage the patches?

0 Kudos
rseekell
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Strangely, I tried again a few hours later, and it worked!  Not sure what happened. I didn't get to the esxupdate.log to see what it said at that time.