VMware Cloud Community
kgottleib
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Can't enable VMware update manager plugin

The issue started happening after migrating vCenter VM (which also contains VUM installed in the same w2003 guest OS).  I see vCenter logs show that a new BIOS UUID was generated after migrating vCenter to the new vSphere host server.   Both vCenter services and VUM services start without crashing and stay running, but I can't enable the plugin and don't see any errors in the event viewer of the w2003 guest OS that has the two products installed in it.  Can anyone assist on this?  Error says the host is not responding, which is bogus, or that there is a network issue, which is also bogus (unless there is an issue with a DHCP address for vCenter, it may have changed its IP after the migration to the new host)..  But I'm still connecting to vCenter via the netbios name in the vSphere client.. so unless VUM is choking on the possibility that vCenter has a new IP, I have no idea what is causing this.. my guess again is something to do with the new UUID generated for vCenter after migration.. its one of the other... 

Thanks in advance for any help with this issue.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kgottleib
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks for you assistance, this won't be necessary...  DHCP finally came and reared its ugly head, I knew it would sooner or later...  the VUM logs showed it was looking for the old vCenter IP address so I took the issue up with the admins responsible for DHCP and asked for the reservation, should have done it long ago.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
nkrishnan
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

-did you try by restarting the vCenter and Update Manager server.

- Try by re-installing the Update manger client.

--Nithin
kgottleib
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Thanks for you assistance, this won't be necessary...  DHCP finally came and reared its ugly head, I knew it would sooner or later...  the VUM logs showed it was looking for the old vCenter IP address so I took the issue up with the admins responsible for DHCP and asked for the reservation, should have done it long ago.

0 Kudos