Marc_P
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Can't Edit Scheduled Task - VMware vCenter Update Manager Check Notification

Hi

I have recently upgraded from vCentre Windows Server 6.7 to VCSA 7.0.1.

I'm getting hourly emails from the scheduled task "VMware vCenter Update Manager Check Notification". So I'd thought I'd just go in and remove my email address from the task. However when I try and do that nothing happens when I click Edit. I've tried different browsers but that has not helped.

Anyone have any suggestions how I can edit this task and remove my email?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Chann1905
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

This setting is carried from previous version of vCenter. However, you can go to Menu > lifecycle manager > Settings > Administration > Patch Downloads. You can change email setting for patch download task but notification setting is not available. You can also delete that notification task if you want or u can set a rule in your email to block emails with that subject. Changing just the notification task(send email) for VUM is not available now.

0 Kudos
scott28tt
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

@Marc_P 

Moderator: Moved to Update Manager Discussions

0 Kudos
ReVog
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

I do have exactly the same issue. Were you able to fix it?

@Chann1905 what do you mean by "you can also delete that notification tasks"? Do you mean removing the check mark in the settings? And the option of setting a rule to block such mails must be a joke, right :-)?

Regards Reto

UPDATE:

found the following KB article and it seems this is related and bugged since 6.5 :-S

https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/77202

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
berndweyand
Expert
Expert

this scheduled tasks are visible in vsphere-client but not editable.

you must go to update manager home -> setting to change them

0 Kudos
ReVog
Contributor
Contributor

Yes I've seen that. But as described in the mentioned KB the settings (like email) do not get applied correctly to this scheduled tasks. Will try it now by removing the Email by postgres statement

0 Kudos
Chann1905
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

This KB is correct. But when I tried stopping vpxd, removing the email from DB, starting vpxd, it again pops up there. So , it did not removed the email.

0 Kudos