VMware Cloud Community
rbmadison
Contributor
Contributor

Any options for 2 vCenters?

Is there any option for using one update manager with 2 separate vcenter instances? It seems illogical to create a separate update manager for each vcenter since they will be distributing the same patches.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
vmroyale
Immortal
Immortal

No - they will need to exist in a 1:1 relationship.

Brian Atkinson | vExpert | VMTN Moderator | Author of "VCP5-DCV VMware Certified Professional-Data Center Virtualization on vSphere 5.5 Study Guide: VCP-550" | @vmroyale | http://vmroyale.com
0 Kudos
rbmadison
Contributor
Contributor

I suspected someone would say that. Seems like a waste resources but I guess thats the direction for VMs, why build one when you can build 2, patch 2, etc...

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
monreist
Contributor
Contributor

Is there any option for using one update manager with 2 separate vcenter instances? It seems illogical to create a separate update manager for each vcenter since they will be distributing the same patches.

spybubble gratis

0 Kudos
raog
Expert
Expert

Errr.. didnt vmroyale answer this already? The answer is no.

Regards

Girish

To Virtualization and beyond! PS::If you felt the answer as helpful, please mark it as helpful/answered so that it helps other users as well! Blog:: www.virtualtipsntricks.com
0 Kudos
rbmadison
Contributor
Contributor

This is answered but I have no idea how to mark it answered. There is no correct answer button or anything.

0 Kudos