VMware Horizon Community
MyVMware001
Contributor
Contributor

unable to load DLL - cw3220mt.dll

Hi all....I am using VMWare Thinapp for testing XP Compatible Applications in Windows 7 Enterprise Edition. I scanned the system before VMware ThinApp before installing the application and then installed the application in XP. After that I built the VMWare Thin App executable and MSI file to install in the WIndows 7. After installing the application using the MSI that I have built, I am getting the above mentioned error. Any advice......

0 Kudos
7 Replies
pbjork
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

1. Does the package (virtual application) run on your Windows XP box?

2. Does your project include cw3220mt.dll in the virtual file system?

3. Does this application have any Java dependencies?

0 Kudos
MyVMware001
Contributor
Contributor

Hey Thanks for your reply. My apologies for very delayed response. Answers for your questions mentioned below -

1. Does the package (virtual application) run on your Windows XP box? - YES, it works fine in XP SP3

2. Does your project include cw3220mt.dll in the virtual file system? - No it doesnt

3. Does this application have any Java dependencies - No app doesnt have any java dependencies......

I have attached the error message picture in the attachment for your reference. Please let me know if there is any solutions.

0 Kudos
shrivastavaa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

>>Does your project include cw3220mt.dll in the virtual file system? - No it doesnt

This could be the issue. check in your system or this dll. Put it in same virtual path in package (like %systemsystem% for windows\system32), rebuild the package.

>>Does the package (virtual application) run on your Windows XP box? - YES, it works fine in XP SP3

And does this XP SP3 is the machine where you captured it as well?

I hope you captured it on a clean VM?

0 Kudos
MyVMware001
Contributor
Contributor

I did try to rebuild the app using the ThinApp in the new XP image (in the VMWare). But this time, I was able to open the application and it prompted me to login (with user name & password)-didnt get that "unable to load DLL - cw3220mt.dll" error. After entering the user name and password to login to the application, I got an error message - "GE Security ToolBox.exe has stopped working - A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Please close the program". I have also attached the picture below in this post.

Let me know any other suggestions.

0 Kudos
shrivastavaa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I doubt I have any more suggestions (its hard to figure any thing out of that message). If you want to give it a try; you can try finding the same error in log monitor logs and see what broke before that message. Otherwise kindly log a ticket with ThinApp.

0 Kudos
MyVMware001
Contributor
Contributor

I am looking in the log...at the same time I have uploaded the log online, if you find anything like where it broke, please let me know.  Since I am evaluating the product, I came to know I cannot log a ticket for tech assistance. Hope you guys can help......

0 Kudos
shrivastavaa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

As indicated in log, the cause of failure is following exception,

Exception EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION on read of 0x0 (VirtualBlock 0x0-0x10000 Type=unknown Protection=PAGE_NOACCESS ) from C:\TOOL58\TBWIN.EXE:0x6a5042

Sadly there is not enough information in the log to tell what caused this exception.

0 Kudos