VMware Horizon Community
velkeneersd
Contributor
Contributor

thindirect - start IE with -nomerge option

Hi All,

I made a virtual app java 1.5u22 and made an entry point to the native IE. with thindirect i make sure that this ie with jvm1.5 is loaded when surfing to a specified webpage. Now people need to open 2 session of the same page (with different credentials) since ie8 (session cookies) credentials are shared between sessions, this could be resolved by starting IE with -nomerge option.

Do you know how to give the -nomerge option to the entry point of IE?

I tried this:

[iexplore.exe]
Shortcut=Java1.5U22.dat
Source=%ProgramFilesDir%\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
CommandLine=%ProgramFilesDir%\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe -nomerge

But the rpoblem is when you go for the second time to the page that is being redirected, thindirect redirects it to the first (virtual IE entry point) and not in a new windows, and -nomerge only works when openeing a new IE and not a new tab. Hopefully you understand my question

Best regards

0 Kudos
6 Replies
pbjork
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Reason why you reuse the existing running session is due to DDE. In our latest ThinApp version (4.6.2) did we add support for a new package.ini parameter called IgnoreDDEMessages.. Try to activate IgnoreDDEMessages=1 and rebuild using latest version.. Hopefully this solves your issue..

velkeneersd
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the info Peter!

Now indeed it is possible to open in new tabs but my problem persists. Due to shared session viarables in IE8 en IE9 it is not possible to open the same site under different credentials. this is only possible when you start IE with the nomerge option.

The only problem is that the -nomerge option is notrecognized when starting it trough the virtual bubble..

Hopefulle somebody has an idea?

Thnx in advance

0 Kudos
pbjork
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I don't understand why it is not working.. I see you are not using "" surrounding the path to iexplore.exe. Not sure it matters but please give below a try:

CommandLine="%ProgramFilesDir%\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -nomerge

What happens if you leave out the CommandLine and build your package. Then you pass -nomerge to your Entry Point of IE. We are supporting passing parameters from outside the virtual environment in to it..

0 Kudos
velkeneersd
Contributor
Contributor

I used "" around my comandline parameter but then thindirects opens the right page + another new IE is openend with my start page

kinda normal i guess because i call the ie twice if I use the commandline parameter.

I did not test the passtrough of nomerge because in the native IE we don't want to use the nomerge by default. the use of nomerge impacts the performance of IE so we don't want to use it more then neccesary.

0 Kudos
pbjork
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Just to make narrowing down a little easier can you forget about ThinDirect for a while and test the -nomerge directly on your virtual package, i.e. when you launch it by simply double clicking on the Entry Point?

0 Kudos
velkeneersd
Contributor
Contributor

Peter,

I wil have to get back to you about this. somethings really wrong here..

I cannot get my package working again. even my working app (without nomerge) is not working anylonger :-s

Have to sort this out first.

0 Kudos