VMware Horizon Community
velkeneersd
Contributor
Contributor

thindirect redirection to internal pages is "hanging"

Hi,

I used thindirect several times already. but now i have an issue that when i use it to redirect to any internal webpage (our intranet or helpdeskpages) thindirect kicks in and the new page (virtual ie8) remains blank and loading.

when i disable thindirect the pages open instantly in the virtual ie8

i thought it was (for helpdeskpages because we ase an alia but the http://intranet is not an alias...

Any ideas??

0 Kudos
6 Replies
pbjork
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

What happens if you just for debugging purposes redirect * to your virtual package, still same behavior?

0 Kudos
velkeneersd
Contributor
Contributor

Yes the problem persists. all internet pages work fine, intranet pages keep loading...

I thought i read somewhere it had something to do with aliases. but the problem seems to be with the alias as the original link as well

0 Kudos
Pankaj11
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi,

Can you please try this with virtual IE6 instead of virtual IE8, this will atleast tell us if the problem is virtual IE8 specific. In our testing at VMware we have found some issues with ThinDirect and virtual IE8 (though not the case that you have reported).

Thanks.

0 Kudos
velkeneersd
Contributor
Contributor

Hiseems that the problem has something to do with proxy settings. It only works with one specific proxy pac file. (we have 3 possibilities that work for most users here, auto, a pac file and a proxy. in the virtual ie8 i need to use the pac file.

problem is that the virtual ie8 always seems to use the proxy setting from the native ie. I run my package, change to the pac file, merge the sandbox and rebuild. when i first run again, he uses the setting of the native ie instead. when i change the setting it is stored in the sandbox, when i remove sandbox settings are gone too. why does the virtual ie keep taking native settings when running the first time?

0 Kudos
Pankaj11
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi,

- I think we should check in the HKEY_CURRENT_USER.txt file the proxy setting related entries and make the isolation mode full, then I think it should not check the native settings.

- Also, another thing that you can do is while capturing IE8, after installing it and before post scan, launch it once and change to pac file, then do post scan, this way the pac file related setting would be captured in the package and you should not need to set it again.

Thanks.

velkeneersd
Contributor
Contributor

This got me a little bit closer. the known issues with thindirect and virtual ie8, Do they have anything to do with popupblocking?

When i use my virtual ie8 without thindirect our helpdesksystem works great.

when using with thindirect the helpdesksystem is complaining that the popupblocker is holding it back (popup blocker = disabled in virtual package...)

0 Kudos