VMware Horizon Community
fatmike900
Contributor
Contributor

thinapping ArcGIS 10.2 for desktop

trying to thinapp ArcGIS 10.2 for desktop but getting errors after running the thinapp, missing dll files

sg.dll

sde.dll

gdbcorelib.dll

layerlib.dll

this does not happen on version 10.1, doing the same steps to build the thinapp, it works fine, but 10.2 does not. any help much appreciated, anyone able to thinapp version 10.2 successfully?

Tags (2)
6 Replies
Lakshman
Champion
Champion

Can you check if these DLLs are present in the package under %systemsystem% folder?

0 Kudos
fatmike900
Contributor
Contributor

no they were not present, I went ahead and copied those missing DLLs to that folder, but no luck, same errors about same missing DLLs, is there something else I need to do now? like rebuild the package with those DLLs in the %systemsystem% folder?

0 Kudos
Cievo
Commander
Commander

Of course you need to cpy those DLLs in %systemsystem% and then rebuild the package Smiley Happy

***Good question is half of the answer...***
0 Kudos
fatmike900
Contributor
Contributor

ignore last reply, I figured out how to rebuild, doing it now, keep ya'll posted

0 Kudos
fatmike900
Contributor
Contributor

copied and verified those DLLs to be in the %systemsystem% folder, rebuilt the package, and same error after running the thinapp. same DLLs missing.

0 Kudos
Imranq
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi fatmike900,

Can you install ArcGis 10.2 on a local machine and search for those dll's and tell me which folder it puts them in.

I think I have seen this issue a few years ago where it misses them out in the capture.

Which O/S are you using to capture on and have you tried capturing this without running the application before postscan?