VMware Horizon Community
knudt
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

syngo Imaging Medical Application

I'm working with a customer (hospital) and we are trying to package Siemens Syngo Imaging. It packages fine, but the package itself runs inconsistently and VERY slow.

Has anyone had any experience packaging this application? Any experience would be greatly appreciated.

If you find this or any other post helpful, please award points. Also mark thread as answered if question was answered successfully.

Brian Knudtson

vExpert, VCP, VAC

~If you find this or any other post helpful, please award points. Also mark thread as answered if question was answered successfully.~ Brian Knudtson vExpert, VCP, VCAP
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Is your sandbox located on a network drive?

0 Kudos
knudt
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Yes, sandbox is on a network drive.

If you find this or any other post helpful, please award points. Also mark thread as answered if question was answered successfully.

Brian Knudtson

vExpert, VCP, VAC

~If you find this or any other post helpful, please award points. Also mark thread as answered if question was answered successfully.~ Brian Knudtson vExpert, VCP, VCAP
0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

There is a known performance issue with 4.0.4 and 4.5 when the sandbox is located on a network drive. To work around this, include

\[BuildOptions\]

DisableTransactionRegistry=1

in your Package.ini and rebuild the package.

0 Kudos
knudt
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

That setting didn't seem to help, but based on your root cause I set the sandbox to run local, and that definitely helped performance.

Are there any other tweaks we can perform to get this to perform while using a network location for the sandbox?

Brian Knudtson

vExpert, VCP, VAC

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

I'm 99% sure the DisableTransactionRegistry=1 tweak is what you need. Can you post your Package.ini?

0 Kudos
knudt
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

After putting the package.ini back the way it should be (lots of changes going on at once) it looks like performance is better with DisableTransactionRegistry=1. Application is still acting flaky though, but I'm not convinced that's a ThinApp issue at this point.

Thanks a lot!

Is there any documentation available about this setting?

Brian Knudtson

vExpert, VCP, VAC

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

No, this is an undocumented parameter that was put in as a "safety valve". The root cause will be fixed in a future release, then this parameter won't be needed anymore.

0 Kudos