VMware Horizon Community
markkale
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

prescan warning message re: registry values

host is win7 pro 64bit SP1

guest is vmware 7 (latest build), clean install win7 pro 64bit SP1, and ThinApp 4.6.  nothing else.

whenever i run the prescan i get the following prescan warning message.

Unable to Query the registry value HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Perflib\009 index 0
Unable to Query the registry value HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Perflib\CurrentLanguage index 0

as stated this is a clean install of win 7 with no other apps installed or running except those usual and customary for this set up and of course no antivirus, etc. 

saw an earlier post on this, but no helpful responses to date.    http://communities.vmware.com/message/1694453

thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pbjork
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Is the project stored on a Network Share? If so try to copy it to your local machine and test build there..

Are Anti Virus scanning the location of your project? Disable it..

Do you have enough disk space to build the project? Free some space.

Are you building on a Windows 64 bit machine? Try it on a 32 bit machine.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
pbjork
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I would say that part of the registry has very little importance and you should be able to happily discard these error messages. If you want to get rid of the error message altogether please add the part of the registry into the Setup Capture exclusion list. The exclusion list is named Snapshot.ini and can be found in the Setup Capture folder.

markkale
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

thanks pbjork.   followed your advice.   one of my concerns was that i have attempted to thinapp rosetta stone and the build is failing.   wasn't certain if these errors were contributing to the failure of thinapping rosetta stone. ill dig a little deeper and  if i'm still having the problem will post a new thread.   thanks.  for the hel[p.

0 Kudos
pbjork
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

A failed build should provide some error messages form the build.bat process. What does it say?

markkale
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

"writing boot image...

error writing to output file. build failed.

press any key to continue"

now attempting to review trace file.  not certain what i will be looking for though.   if you have any thoughts i'd appreciate your input.

0 Kudos
pbjork
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Is the project stored on a Network Share? If so try to copy it to your local machine and test build there..

Are Anti Virus scanning the location of your project? Disable it..

Do you have enough disk space to build the project? Free some space.

Are you building on a Windows 64 bit machine? Try it on a 32 bit machine.

0 Kudos
markkale
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

thanks pbjork.  the culprit was indeed low hdd space on the virtual machine.     i feel so dang foolish. i expanded the disk space on the vitual machine and thinapp worked flawlessly on this particular build.   thanks for your help.  mark

0 Kudos
girakul
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

"I would say that part of the registry has very little importance and you should be able to happily discard these error messages. If you want to get rid of the error message altogether please add the part of the registry into the Setup Capture exclusion list. The exclusion list is named Snapshot.ini and can be found in the Setup Capture folder." - I've tried to add these values to the ignore list but I am still getting these errors whenever I run a pre-scan. What can be the cause of this?

0 Kudos