VMware Horizon Community
jesperm
Contributor
Contributor

google chrome 13 and extensions

I am trying to thinapp newest chrome and as many others i have run into problems.

Chrome chrashed whever it ran across any form of flash, and only way to prevent that was using the disable-internal-flash paramter. Now it runs and works as it should with the the extensions it has.

Problem is my thinapped Chrome wont install any new extensions.

• Project can run java and the extensions it has in the package already.

• Error message is attached below.

error_chrome.jpg

So questions is, have anyone got the installation of extensions working with thinapp?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Cievo
Commander
Commander

I think there is a problem with isolation mode (concrete user's TEMP directory).

Into Package.ini file insert following line:

[BuildOptions]
ChildProcessEnvironmentDefault=External

Look at the Project directory into directory %TEMP% for file ##Attributes.ini. In this file change isolation mode to following:

[Isolation]
DirectoryIsolationMode=Merged

Rebuild package and test.

Have a nice day,

***Good question is half of the answer...***
0 Kudos
jesperm
Contributor
Contributor

Ty for the reply.

I do feel rather dumb from not trying the temp folder myself first. :smileyblush:

Unfortunatly it doesnt help, it got fiurther and actually let me run the stand alone installer of flash, however the plugin newer registers and chrome will keep insisting that you need to install the plugin. So It just creates a loop.

It works if i just disbale the build in flash plugin and install flash in the capture, however that isnt to great with the larger file not to mention it doesnt solve issue for any other extensions.

Any other ideas?

0 Kudos
shrivastavaa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

So once captured chrome; you are trying to acees a page which needs flash and as it is not captured; neither installed on native system. It is asking to install that. And when you do install that you are getting the error. Do I correctly understood your problem?

0 Kudos
jesperm
Contributor
Contributor

it is correclty understood that was the original error.

After creating a temp folder it will correctly install, chomes will just newer notice and keep askin for you ro install it again and again.

0 Kudos
shrivastavaa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I guess I have seen that with firefox/flash as well.

Is it on Windows Vista or 7.

If so:

have you tried running it as an admin and than do the install? Also you can try VirtualElevation=1 in package.ini, rebuild and see if it helps installing flash now.

As I recall Flash installer explicitely checks; whether a user is admin or not and takes a different code path in case its not elevated explicitely.

0 Kudos
jesperm
Contributor
Contributor

Elevating the thinapped chromed seems to work fine. At least for flash.

ty for the help.

0 Kudos