VMware Horizon Community
NSITPS
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

entry point addition and name changes

How can I add cmd and regedit entry points to an existing package without having to re capture?

I am capturing adobe 9.5 and have named the data container AdobeReaderDATA.dat to allow for in place upgrades, how can I name the entry point to AdobeReader.exe as a genaric name. I am being forced to use AdobeReader 9.5.exe during the capture, howerver I would like to use the genaric name to fit in with the in place upgrading scheme (not using the version number within the entry point)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lakshman
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Open the Package.ini in the ThinApp project folder, you can see section for cmd.exe and regedit.exe at the bottom of the file.

Change the value of 'Disabled' from 1 to 0 and rebuild the package by running build.bat file.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Lakshman
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Open the Package.ini in the ThinApp project folder, you can see section for cmd.exe and regedit.exe at the bottom of the file.

Change the value of 'Disabled' from 1 to 0 and rebuild the package by running build.bat file.

0 Kudos
Lakshman
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

You can rename the entry point name in the package.ini. You will see Shortcut=entrypointname at different sections, so make sure you replace the new name everywhere in the package.ini.

NSITPS
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

great, thanks

0 Kudos