VMware Horizon Community
Jakobwill
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Word2000 and Word2007

Here is my problem:

I have a WinXP SP installed with IE8 and Office 2007.

Everything should just use the native apps and native IE8.

Challenge is, One URL should redirect to ThinApped IE. (And every other URL should run in IE8)

Accourding to the recent Tech Preview on VMware blog, thats not a problem.

But my next request is the nut-kicker. Smiley Happy

On the IE6-URL there is a login page that have a link for a .doc. When i open that .doc it should open in a Winword 2000 (Yes winword 2000 not 2007)

Thats working aswell (Thinapp'ed into the same package)

But the problem is, when i have this IE6 with Word2000 open. Every .doc / .docx or any word file, with will open into a instance of Winword2000 and NOT the Winword2007.

How do i force every word doc to open in the native client?

I have tried the following:

Adding the /w to the file type .doc open command. Set in both Native Regedit and VOS reg. This only forces Winword2000 into a new windows.

Tried to change the "DDE Application name" But that fails the Native Winword 2007.

-

If you have any help here, please do so. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Cievo
Commander
Commander

If I understand right you want to disable opening *.doc files via vApp Word.

You can change file-associations in file Package.ini under each application in setting "FileTypes".

Ondrej Zilinec - Cievo

...Good question is half of the answer...

***Good question is half of the answer...***
0 Kudos
Jakobwill
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have tried that aswell. I've even tried just to open an not-installed word which then takes all .doc.

So it in the registry application/word thats running.

0 Kudos
Cievo
Commander
Commander

I'm just going through documentation for ThinApp 4.5 (thinapp45_manual.pdf) and I found page 67:

ObjectTypes

The ObjectTypes parameter specifies a list of virtual COM object types that are visible to other applications

in the physical environment. You can use scripts, such as VBScripts, to call objects that start captured

applications.

An object type is registered to only one native or virtual application at a time. If you install Office 2003 on the

native machine and want to use a virtual Office 2007 package, you must determine whether to have the virtual

or native application handle the object types.

If you want the virtual Office 2007 to handle the object types, you can leave the ObjectTypes setting in the

Package.ini file, build the package, and register it using the thinreg.exe utility. If you want the native

Office 2003 to handle the object types, you must remove the ObjectTypes setting from the Package.ini file

before building and registering the package. You cannot add random entries to the ObjectTypes parameter.

You can only remove entries generated by the capture process.

Examples

If a script or a native application creates an Excel.Application COM object or other COM objects listed in

the ObjectTypes parameter, ThinApp starts the virtual package.

http://Microsoft Office Excel 2007.exe

ObjectTypes=Excel.Application;Excel.Application.12;Excel.Chart;

Excel.Macrosheet;Excel.Sheet; Excel.Workspace

Try to have a look at this and I thin that's (removing COM object from ThinApped apps) that solution for your problem.

Ondrej Zilinec - Cievo

...Good question is half of the answer...

***Good question is half of the answer...***
0 Kudos