VMware Horizon Community
iforbes
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Where is ThinApp executable actually run from?

Hi. I'm looking for clarification of where the ThinApp executable is actually run from. If I package an application and store it on a file share, is it run from the file share or my end point device (i.e. virtual desktop) upon execution?

I know I can either stream the application or have it install locally. What is the impact of both scenerios as far as where the executable is actually run from? My concern is if 100 people are accessing a package on a file share and that's where it's run from, there will be significant read i/o happening on that package in that file share, and I'll have to factor that into how many IOPS I give that file share. It's not so much a concern if the executions are happening on the desktop.

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lakshman
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

When you run a ThinApp executable from a network share, it actually runs in the local system memory. If the sandbox is configured to be stored locally, it gets created on the local system.

As far as i know, there is no limit to the users who are accessing the ThinApp from a network share. All you need to look is the network bandwidth.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Lakshman
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

When you run a ThinApp executable from a network share, it actually runs in the local system memory. If the sandbox is configured to be stored locally, it gets created on the local system.

As far as i know, there is no limit to the users who are accessing the ThinApp from a network share. All you need to look is the network bandwidth.

0 Kudos
iforbes
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Thanks.

0 Kudos