VMware Horizon Community
lidokci
Contributor
Contributor

WebEx Recorder and Player Thinapp not playing audio

I created a Thinapp for WebEX Recorder and Player and it functions fine when executed on a physical PC, but there is no audio when played back on a virtual machine.

The VM is an XP SP3

The audio on this machine is functioning properly under normal circumstances.  Just not with the VM

I'm currently testing if the fat client of the WebEX recorder and player functions fine with the VM.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
lidokci
Contributor
Contributor

After further investigation on my part, it seems that the WebEx Recorder seems to be the problem.  Any WebEx recorded on the Virtual Machine (via the WebEx Thinapp) is not functioning properly.

Playbacks of any WebEx created on a physical PC (via the Thinapp) is working properly

0 Kudos
Lakshman
Champion
Champion

ThinApp cannot virtualize drivers, so the audio drivers has to be installed locally on the VM.

Could you check the VM audio settings please.

0 Kudos
lidokci
Contributor
Contributor

thank you for the response.  I'm familiar with the fact that Thinapp cannot virtualize the audio drivers, but...

If I run the Thinapp from a physical PC, it works fine.   It also works fine if I create the recording on a physical PC (using the Thinapp) and play it on a VM (using the Thinapp).

0 Kudos
Lakshman
Champion
Champion

So i guess something wrong with the audio in the VM. Does installing VM tools in the VM help?

Is it possible to check the behavior on another VM please.

0 Kudos