VMware Horizon Community
ACCskrause
Contributor
Contributor

WPF-application crashes during start with captured .net 4.0

Hello!

I tried to capture the MS .net framework 4.0 to use it with a self-written wpf-program. For capturing I used the latest ThinApp version and this tutorial. There are no problems with console applications and winforms programms, but wpf-applications are crashing during the start. As well the Client Profie as the full .net 4.0 framwork didn't work. I am using Windows XP SP3.

Sometimes, after a fresh build or while using the log monitor, the wpf-program also works, but I wasn't able to figure out the reason for this and it happend only a few times. After rebooting the program don't work again.

I would be grateful for any advice.

Best regards

Sebastian

0 Kudos
6 Replies
sijmker
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Sebastian,

We experience the same thing. We have a complex application and made a very simple WPF application as well.

Both we cannot virtualize on win xp. On other OSes it does work.

Did you manage to find a solution for this issue?

thnx

Stefan

0 Kudos
ACCskrause
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Stefan,

I stopped finding a solution for this problem, because we switched to java for some other resons.

Maybe you should try .net 3.5 SP1. This worked well, also with WPF. But if you figure out a solution for .net 4, I would like to hear about that.

Best Regards

Sebastian

0 Kudos
sijmker
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Sebastian, thnx for your quick response. One of our programmers found out that also very basis WPF application with .net 4 cannot be virtualized with thinapp.

We try to open a support request at VMWARE, to get definite statement and hopefully a fix.

regards, Stefan

0 Kudos
sijmker
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Sebastian, we just received a beta version of thinapp (version 4.6.361923), in which the issue has been resolved.

regards, Stefan

0 Kudos
sijmker
Contributor
Contributor

an update:  program can startup when using thinapp 4.6.2. However some functionality is not working

new support call has been filed

regards

0 Kudos
sijmker
Contributor
Contributor

Seems that virtualized application needs to communicate with local machine. This can be arranged by adding the following to package.ini:

"ExternalDLLs=%ProgramFilesDir%\CtrlWORK\hook.dll" and rebuild

0 Kudos