VMware Horizon Community
DavidBarr
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Virtualizing Office 2010 issue.

Hello all.  I am new to ThinApp, and am trying to virtualize Office 2010.  I followed all the steps in the blog, as well as some of the other Tips.  I used a Windows XP VM to virtualize, and I can run the Office apps on other XP machines.

When I click on Help in any of the Office apps, Excel goes into a setup mode, then I get multiple error messages:

1st error is

Microsoft Office Excel MUI (English) 2010

Error 1719.  The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed.  This can occur if you are running Windows in safe mode, or if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed.  Contact your support personnel for assistance.

The 2nd error is:

CLView can't display Help.  The feature is not available.

I tested the XP workstation I installed Office on, and am able to successfully launch the Help files.  I did not open any of the applications during the capture process.  The Installer Service on the workstation is running, and I enabled CLView.exe in the package.ini, but none of that worked.  I did searches, but could not find anything that helps.

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lakshman
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Dave,

This is a known issue in 4.6.1, please wait for a fix in the upcoming releases.

Thanks

Lakshman

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Lakshman
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Dave,

This is a known issue in 4.6.1, please wait for a fix in the upcoming releases.

Thanks

Lakshman

0 Kudos
DavidBarr
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Lakshman
Champion
Champion
Jump to solution

Dave,

A fix for this issue is available. Please check the document here: http://communities.vmware.com/docs/DOC-15556

Lakshman

0 Kudos