VMware Horizon Community
Mr_D2
Contributor
Contributor

Using VBScript to execute file within package

Hi Thinappers :smileygrin:

I've made use of the handy script functions before, but to maniulate the target machine. In this case I need to execute a file within the package on it's first launch.

It's MapInfo v11. I need it to activate the software. This can be done by GUI which alas doesn't carry over in the package when captured, the dialogs still appear on the test clients....or I have this other option to run the main program exe with a switch... mapinfow.exe -ActivateLicense c:\FolderPath\ToLogFile.txt

How can I script it to run a file within the package, only on first launch and that target is the same target as the entry point in package.ini but with a switch. I hope this can be done because i don't think we'll have time to return to the drawing board.

D

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Have you tried the "ExecuteVirtualProcess" API mentioned in the thinapp manual? You probably can call it from the "OnFirstSandboxOwner" callback. Before using the script, you can verify if the program works that way by launching it under cmd.

0 Kudos
Cievo
Commander
Commander

Looks he hasn't :smileygrin:

Please, open this link and read about Callback Function called OnFirstSandboxOwner.

***Good question is half of the answer...***
0 Kudos