VMware Horizon Community
Lusti67
Contributor
Contributor

Unable to send mail trough Word 2010 using Lotus Notes Client

Hello NG

We have the following environment. With thinapp I created two virtualized applications Office 2010 32bit and Lotus Notes 8.5.2. I streamed both applications to a view workstation pool. Sending email directly from Lotus Notes works perfect. Unfortunatelly when i try to send a mail from Office 2010 i get an error that says, that no default mail client is available. But on the package workstation where i build the Lotus Note client, it worked.  What could be the cause of this error?

Same situation is present, when i try to send an email from Internet Explorer. The send page as email or send link as mail are marked as inactive.

Need urgently help to solve this issue.

Someone know a solution?

Thanks in advance for your help

Ramon

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Lusti67
Contributor
Contributor

Nobody has a solution for this issue?

There are certainly people who have the same problem.....

Ramon

0 Kudos
pbjork
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You might have to start AppLinking Office to Notes in order for it to see the mail registrations properly.. Have you tried that?

0 Kudos
Lusti67
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

I made following modification to the Office package.ini

RequiredAppLinks=C:\Program Files (x86)\Lotus Notes 8.5.2 de (VMware ThinApp)\Lotus Notes 8.5.exe

But now I have an error, that says. that the fileformat is not recognized

Can somebody explain me how have I to define the AppLink?

Regards

Ramon

0 Kudos
pbjork
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Is "Lotus Notes 8.5.exe" your data container? Isn't there a larger file in the folder called something.dat? If so, point to that file instead in your AppLink parameter in package.ini. AppLinks must point to the data container.

0 Kudos
Lusti67
Contributor
Contributor

Hello Pbjork

My Lotus Notes data container is places on a network share. Is this correct that i have to point it to this share?

In this case the path must be

RequiredAppLinks=\\S22\programme$\ThinApp\Lotus Notes 8.5.2\bin\Lotus Notes 8.5.dat

is this correct?

Regards Ramon

0 Kudos
pbjork
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Yes, that is correct.. You must point to the data container.. It can be located on a network share or local disk..

0 Kudos
Lusti67
Contributor
Contributor

Hello pbjork

Thank you it works... Now I have a last question. I have to start Lotus Notes with an parameter. This parameter is set to the drive L: each user has its own L drive and therse is a notes.ini file

The launch parameter should be called as follow: c:\Program Files (x86)\Lotus Notes 5.5.2 de (VMWare ThinApp)\Lotus Notes 8.5.exe "=L:\notes.ini"

How can i send this by the Link?

Regards Ramon

0 Kudos
pbjork
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You can add switches / parameters to a ThinApp Entry Point using two different methods..

1. You use native Microsoft Operating System method and apply the switch to the Entry Point when launching it. ThinApp runtime will preserve the parameter and attach it to the source executable.
  2. You can use CommandLine=. Added to your Entry Point will it provide a hard coded switch, used every time you use the Entry Point.

Example:

[Entry Point Name.exe]

Source=c:\ExamplePath\application.exe

Shortcut=YourDataContainer

CommandLine=” c:\ExamplePath\application.exe” L:\notes.ini

0 Kudos