VMware Horizon Community
Shoetung
Contributor
Contributor

Trouble using locally installed Oracle Drivers from ThinApp

Hello All,
I'm trying to Thinapp an application that requires Oracle ODP drivers. I've ThinApp'd the Oracle drivers into a seperate package. Since we need the ODP (and not just the install client), it is 700MB.
The application (which is less than 14MB) currently takes 18 seconds to load. I imagine this is due to having to stream the Oracle Drivers ThinApp from the network before loading itself.
We can install the Oracle drivers locally on each box without worry, however I can't get the ThinApp'd application to utilise locally installed Oracle drivers.
Isolation mode is set to Merged, and I've toyed with putting the 'Oracle' folder under %C_Drive% with merged isolation in the Attributes.ini file with no success.
Can anyone provide any insight?
Cheers
0 Kudos
3 Replies
pbjork
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

When you tried did you capture on a machine that had the Oracle components installed prior to running Setup Capture, making sure not Oracle is being captured?

0 Kudos
Shoetung
Contributor
Contributor

Yep, I’ve got a number of snapshots on the capture box. Oracle (and dotnet) are installed on the box, but the prescan is done after the Oracle installation.

0 Kudos
lidokci
Contributor
Contributor

have you received any recent updates?  I'm having a similar issue.

0 Kudos