VMware Horizon Community
nxion
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thinreg Error

I have attached an error that I hope that someone can address for me. To give you some insight on this issue.

We are running a View 5 environment with Linked Clones implemented. We have 15 linked clones with floating assignment. The issue we have is if I login to desktop 1, I get all my thinapps fine via Thinreg. If I logout and then login to desktop 2, while my thinapps are being installed I get that error that I attached. If I hit the OK button the application still streams down fine and it runs. Can anyone give me some insight on what is going on?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
pbjork
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Are you running thinreg.exe /u in your script.. If so why?

0 Kudos
nxion
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Is that the ungegister in add remove programs then yes we are.

My logic behind that was we didn't want people to uninstall the apps we want to control registration and uninstall

0 Kudos
Cievo
Commander
Commander

Regarding a documentation /u is:

Unregister all applications for

the current user and remove the Add/Remove

Programs entry.

If you don't want to register application in Add/Remove snapin you should use /noarp switch:

Prevents the creation of an entry in the

Add/Remove Programs control panel

applet.

=============

But there is a _misstake_ in PDF documentation on page 42 which stands for Purpose of /u, /unregister, /uninstall switch:

Unregisters a package.

This command removes the software from

the Add/Remove Programs control panel

applet.

which is not quietly clear that this switch removes and unregister in same time :smileyconfused: This can be, and as we see, is confusing.

***Good question is half of the answer...***
0 Kudos