VMware Horizon Community
girakul
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thinning Microsoft Project 2010

Hello, here is the problem:

I am thinning Microsoft Project Professional 2010, and I am able to bypass the problem with the license error. But I am not able to pass by a problem with the help feature of the Project being displayed properly. When I talk about the "Help" feature I mean the one located under file, help, microsoft office help. On the initial launch of the thinapp when the sandbox is being created flash is being requested when I launch the help feature. (Notification bar pops up saying - this website wants to run the following add-on: "Adobe Flash Player" from "Adobe Systems Incorporated". If you trust the website and the add-on and want to allow it to run, click here... So I run the add-on, active x control message pops up, I click run, and the whole page turns black... I tried installing flash in the thinapp, I tried disabling the sandbox of the flash within the thinapp, I've tried installing silverlight in the package since the help feature uses it in some parts of it where videos get involved... Nothing seems to help... One thing to notice, after running/closing the help feature like 10 times, and reloading the thinapp, it starts working... We need it to run from the first time, how can this be accomplished? Thanks in advance...

I am using windows xp professional to thin the app, I fully update it with microsoft update, I am on a 4.7.2 version of vmware thinapp...

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Lakshman
Champion
Champion

I have just checked Project 2010 ThinApp by launching Help on a clean system and it works. Not sure why Flash is required to launch Help.

Can you please try the below steps:

1. Open ThinApp Project folder and delete the folder “Microsoft Help” from %Local AppData%

2. Copy the folder “Microsoft Help” from %Common AppData% to %Local AppData%
Now rebuild the ThinApp, delete existing sandbox and test.
girakul
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I tried these steps, but unfortunately the results are the same. I wonder whether internet explorer version has anything to do with that. The version that I got on the capture machine is 6.0, and it seems that when you open help it either uses IE, or it has its own built in browser like functionality. What version of IE did you use on the capture machine?

0 Kudos
girakul
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Alright I got this working. Basically I tricked the system a little bit. I packaged internet explorer 8 with Project 2010 in one bubble. Thanks anyway.

0 Kudos