VMware Horizon Community
girakul
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thinning Google Chrome 25.0.1364.97

Hi, I am looking for some help with this as I keep getting the error of "Unable to open or create registry map" on first launch and sometimes 2nd 3rd when I open more tabs in the browser.

1.jpg

As far as package.ini I added 2 additional settings under General Purpose Parameters to make it work overall...

ProcessExternalNameBehavior=Original
SetVirtualModuleFileNameInPeb=1

Capture is made on a 32 bit win xp machine using VMware-ThinApp-Enterprise 4.7.3-891762.

Also, when looking at flash based graphs on yahoo.com the text is all screwed up...

2.jpg

Any help would be appreciated!

0 Kudos
13 Replies
Lakshman
Champion
Champion

What is the deployment OS? XP or Win 7?

0 Kudos
girakul
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

It's Win 7 both 64 and 32 bit os

0 Kudos
Lakshman
Champion
Champion

I have just tried packaging Chrome 25 on Win 7 and tested on clean Win7 (32 bit). Seems to be working fine...

Could you try capturing on Win 7 please.

0 Kudos
girakul
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I've done it, same results... Getting the same error...

0 Kudos
girakul
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Which edition of Win7 do you use? Did you disable any services on it prior to capture?

0 Kudos
Lakshman
Champion
Champion

I have packaged it on Win7 32 bit.   Not disabled any service. Have you tried adding the line SetVirtualModuleFileNameInPeb=1?

0 Kudos
girakul
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

What is the actual version of the windows? I use 6.1 Build 7601 SP1... (Win 7 Pro)

0 Kudos
Lakshman
Champion
Champion

Win 7 (32 bit) Enterprise build 7600 (no service pack).

0 Kudos
hped
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Guys

I too see this issue only on Roaming Profiles

Lakshman: after you've created your thinapp package, when you're testing it, are you testing it against a roaming profile? 

0 Kudos
girakul
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We too use the roaming profiles, so the sandbox is being stored on a network drive and not locally. I was able to get around the flash not properly working by cutting and pasting the chrome folder from program files to root directory (prior to postscanning). But it did not fix the issue with the error message of not being able to map to the registry.

0 Kudos
Lakshman
Champion
Champion

I have tested the ThinApp where the sandbox is local (%appdata%\thinstall).   Are you seeing the problem only on roaming profiles? Does it work on local profile?

0 Kudos
girakul
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Correct.

0 Kudos
hped
Contributor
Contributor

yup same here - only on roaming profiles

0 Kudos