VMware Horizon Community
Faize
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thinapped applications not working properly

I tried to Thinapp both Firefox and Chrome, and ran into severe problems with both.

Firefox: Flash causes the browser to hang. From browsing this forum, it seems that this is a very common problem.

Chrome: The browser is very unstable. Plugin/webpage processes crash all the time. Also, downloads do not work. The first ~100 KB gets downloaded, after which the download is stuck forever. Attempting to download anything after that results in Chrome pretending that I never clicked on the download link.

Also, both browsers were slow and generally unresponsive.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

Ok, some info missing here:

Version of ThinApp?

Versions of browsers?

Versions of Windows OS that you captured the application on?

Versions of Windows OS that you execute the application on?

32 or 64 bit of applications and OS?

Default isolation mode?

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
Faize
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Version of ThinApp? 4.7.2

Versions of browsers? Firefox 13.0.1, Chrome 20.0.1132.47. Oh, and for Firefox the version of Flash was 11.3.300.262.

Versions of Windows OS that you captured the application on? Windows 7 SP1 x64

Versions of Windows OS that you execute the application on? Windows 7 SP1 x64

32 or 64 bit of applications and OS? 32-bit applications, 64-bit OS

Default isolation mode? I used WriteCopy isolation mode. Is this what you were referring to?

0 Kudos
Lakshman
Champion
Champion

Could you try commenting out Wow64=0 in the package.ini and rebuild the ThinApp by running build.bat file please.

Remove any existing sandbox before testing.

0 Kudos
Lakshman
Champion
Champion

Please follow the guidelines for packaging Google Chrome:

http://communities.vmware.com/docs/DOC-19923

As you are packaging Chrome along with Flash, launch chrome and visit www.adobe.com/software/flash/about to make sure its showing the correct version before Postscan.

0 Kudos
LukeRobertson
Contributor
Contributor

I've been able to ThinApp Chrome but when I visit any page with flash on it I receive a message box error that says "unable to open or cerate registry map" and the title bar of the message box says "\Sessions\1\BaseNamedObjects\{BlahBlahBlah}"  where BlahBlahBlah are different random characters everytime.  See the attached image for a screen grab of the error box.

I've also tried with the WoW line commented out and uncommented.

I followed the instrutions on http://communities.vmware.com/docs/DOC-19923 and it didn't alleviate the problem. I'm using a Win 7 capture machine with ThinApp 4.7.2 and the Chrome Offline Installer for Version 23.0.1271.97.

If anyone has seen this issue and has a resolution I would greatly appreciate it.

0 Kudos