VMware Horizon Community
Najtsob
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thinapped application throws kernel32.dll error at start

At start of the application I get kernel32.dll error and application does not working. I get this error even there is still original instalation of the app on the system.

Error signature

AppName: wdohod2008.exe AppVer: 6.5.0.0 ModName: kernel32.dll

ModVer: 5.1.2600.5781 Offset: 00012afb

Any ideas what's wrong and for what should I search in logs?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Najtsob
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Any ideas ?

0 Kudos
idle-jam
Immortal
Immortal

If the error comes in at the start of the software installation and before the process of thinapp it's more towards the application issues. Can you make sure the application OS compatibility and is being installed at the rightful OS version?

iDLE-jAM | VCP 2, VCP 3 & VCP 4

If you found this or any other answer useful please consider the use of the Helpful or correct buttons to award points

0 Kudos
Najtsob
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

You missunderstood me.

Normaly installed app works just fine. The thinapped application crashes on start. This cras happens on clean thinapp machine and even there is still normaly installed app present on the system.

0 Kudos
shrivastavaa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

duplicate post erased, see below

0 Kudos
shrivastavaa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

"potential error" section should give you the information about the exception.

0 Kudos
jasonyzs88
Contributor
Contributor

Where is your package residing? I'm currently seeing a similar issue. I have a large package which will crash when launched from a thumb drive or cd. But will run just fine when running from HDD.

0 Kudos
Najtsob
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I get logs for two processes dwwin.exe and Wdohod2008.exe. I also run this thinapp from hard drive.

0 Kudos
Pankaj11
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Hi Najtsob,

I looked at the Wdohod2008.txt file and can see an UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION happening after which seems like faultrep.dll is loaded. Before the exception there is a MoveFile call but that doesn't seem like a problem...there are several other errors before that and I don't think they are the cause, can you please upload the whole log file for this application, so I can take a detailed look at it.

Thanks.

0 Kudos